Andrew's stuff

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Chinese Mobile Execution Buses

This would be funny if it weren't true. I thought it actually was a joke the first time I saw this.

Key Quote (Bolds, brackets, and italics mine): "Makers of the death vans say the vehicles and injections are a civilized alternative to the firing squad, ending the life of the condemned more quickly [probably the only reason listed here they actually mean], clinically [I don't know about anyone else, but were I do be put to death, medical technicalities wouldn't be occupying my mind] and safely [Is this really a concern when murdering someone?!]. The switch from gunshots to injections is a sign that China "promotes human rights now," says Kang Zhongwen, who designed the Jinguan Automobile death van..."

More here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Katharine said...

That should've been "humane," not "human."

8/08/2006 7:58 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Boojum said...

Yeah, The Death Penalty and The China Connundrum are probably both on my short list of the most serious and seriously overlooked problems we face. At least Global Warming has been getting media exposure.

8/09/2006 12:14 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Boojum said...

I wont be fixing my misspelling of connundrum. (Im sure it must be misspelled, Its just not worth looking up [reason #2 Ive never learned spelling {reason #1 being lack of intrest, and #3 being the tendency to ignore spelling and go into long rambles with an excess of parenthetical duos}])

8/09/2006 12:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home